With 5 Million views the chances that this video is new to you is a bit far fetched – but I consider it a classic! It’s another easy way to save some time and hassle in your life almost every day. The video is in Japanese, so here’s a couple things to take note of in between the overly dramatic “oohs” and “ahhs”.
- Notice how she marks the middle of the shirt first, this will set the tone for how clean the fold will look.
- The second mark she makes will be one edge of your fold after you’re done, so check the top to make sure it’s where you want it to be before you start going nuts.
- It will take some practice! Still, I can say from experience it will speed up the arduous task of folding laundry enough to be worth it.
Note: This only works with long sleeved shirts if you don’t care about wrinkled sleeves… But honestly – those should be on hangers anyways.
Good luck and have fun!
Would you like to have a way to quickly search dozens of sites each day for daily deals?
Searching for daily using Google search or visiting individual sites is a tedious process and often leads to dead ends. Here is a technique that you can use to create your own best deal aggregator by utilizing the RSS feeds of multiple sites daily hot deals and best deals.
There are several sites that aggregate all types of coupon and discount deals, but even so, it can be tedious searching these individual sites for the best available deal. Some of the more popular ones are Fat Wallet and Slick deals which have thousands of users posting daily deals each day.
With Google Reader you can aggregate the RSS feeds of multiple daily deal sites, into one single feed, and then use the Google Reader search capability to quickly search all of the deals, coupons, and discounts that will be aggregated into your own personal Google Reader deal site. Continue reading
In Part I of this blog we discussed the basic foundation for a secure WordPress blog. Now, we will continue by discussing individual WordPress plugins that you can use to further secure your blog from spam attacks, viruses, trojans, and other malware.
Before continuing, remember to backup your WordPress database before installing any plugins. There are several good free backup plugins that you can use. One that is widely used is WP-DBManager which optimizes the database for performance, repairs the database if damaged, can backup/restore database with automatic scheduling, drop/empty tables in the database, and can execute selected queries. For this plugin, you will need to move an htaccess file into your backup directory so that the backup directory is hidden. Remember to rename the file to .htaccess.
Specific security plugins that you can use to harden your site are: Continue reading
Hotwire.com is a great resource for locating anreserving a cheap hotel but in order to take advantage of the cheapest Hot Rates, you have to choose unnamed hotels and make hotel reservation in the blind without knowing which hotel you are actually going to be staying at. This can be a big risk.
Since Hotwire Hot Rates reservations are non-refundable, so if you arrive at the hotel and dislike it, there is no way to check out and terminate your reservation. You are stuck. The ratings provided on Hotwire are helpful to a certain extent but the ratings are often skewed and therefore not reliable. You really don’t know why certain hotels are being rated highly or negatively or how reliable the ratings may be.
Here is one trick you can use to identify the hotel Continue reading
Buying a new car is much easier nowadays since it is easy to obtain competitive quotes via the Internet. Here are steps you can take to get the best possible price on your next new car purchase:
- The best time to purchase a car is usually towards the end of the month and the end of the year. This is the time when dealers have the most incentive to make deals in order to reach their monthly sales bonus quotas. But since this is common knowledge, it is also the time when the dealers are busiest and when inventory may be lowest. You may have to wait for your car when inventories are low. However, if it is a slow season and inventories are high, dealers may have incentive to move the cars off their lots and you can still make a great deal.
- Visit Edmunds.com and search the inventory of the car(s) you are interested in and review the cost of the car you want to purchase together with any features you want to add. It is important to get an exact and complete feature description and specification of the car you wish to purchase. You want to make sure you will be getting a precise quote on the exact car you want to purchse.
- While you are at Edmunds, you should also review any recent incentives or rebates that the dealer or you may be getting to from the manufacturer. Incentives increase the profit to the dealer and gives you more bargaining room if you know about these incentives.
Ever leave some food on the stove for too long and then smelled that unpleasant odor of burnt food. Trying to scrub a pan cleaned that has been totally lined with black burnt food can not only be quite a chore but also can the process can ruin the pan. Here is a quick way to remove all of the burned food from the pot or without much effort or any damage.
As soon as you turn off the stove, get rid of any food that is left in the pot or pan without scrubbing it. Just ditch the food in the garbage (unless you want to eat it). Then, put some baking soda all around the pot or pan, completely covering all of the burnt areas. Then put some water in the pot or pan and heat until it is boiling.
You may notice that the baking soda is reacting with the burnt areas in a bubbly sort of way. After a few minutes, remove the pot or pan from the stove and gently remove the waste product that has formed. Most of the burnt areas should just come right of the pot or pan without any effort. If there is still some areas where the waste product is sticking to the pot or pan then repeat the process.
At the end, there still may be a bit of the burnt waste sticking to the pot or pan but you should be able to easily wipe it or scrub it without much effort. Voila, enjoy your spanking you pan!
This is Part I of a two part blog on How to Secure a WordPress blog. Part II can be found here.
Most bloggers welcome comments and new registrations from visitors since comments create interest in the blog and greatly increase traffic to the site. But anyone new to WordPress blogging quickly discovers there are far more visitors interested in leaving spam on the blog, which are frequently links to advertisements and other nefarious sites, than there are visitors interested in leaving good comments. So, immediately there is a question of how to stop spam.
Another security problem is bots that roam the Web and install all types of viruses, trojans, and malware on the WordPress blog that can create havoc for a WordPress blogging site as well as visitors. A WordPress blog that has the appropriate security plugins in place keeps a WordPress blog running with the minimum amount of problems and provides the best experience for all visitors. The following How To guide describes some of the best practices and best WordPress security plugins that will harden any self-hosted WordPress blog against spam, trojans, viruses, bots, and other types of malware. Continue reading